Today, I was observed for the first time in my kindergarten student teaching placement. In my lesson, I had the kids working on comparing and contrasting two stories. I thought it would be nice to compare and contrast this observation with the precious observations from my first placement.
- I had the same supervisor, which made it really comfortable for me. I was already used to working with this woman.
- The students behaved wonderfully today, just like my fourth graders had behaved in the last placement.
- I taught ELA (English Language Arts) for my observation again, although as was the case in my previous observations, ELA also dealt with another subject as well.
- I did pretty well overall, but there were a few things that I can improve on for the next observation.
- A kindergarten lesson is really different because you're not just telling kids to write something; you're helping kids sound out words on an individual basis.
- While I was focusing on Colonial America with the fourth grade lessons, I'm working on plants with my kindergarten group.
- While my supervisor focused on telling me what I did well and what I could improve on after each observation, today she gave me additional feedback. Apparently, my voice is an instrument and it has a beautiful, magical, musical quality to it. Which apparently means that I should consider looking into doing voice-overs for Disney movies. I'm not kidding; my supervisor actually told me that.... Hey, I do love Disney, so you never know!
So I'll be observed again at the end of next week. I have lots to do before then! I can't believe there are just a little over four weeks left until graduation. This is insane!
I’d greatly appreciate it if you would share this blog with friends and family through your favorite social media sites. If you’re sharing on Twitter, don’t forget to tag me (@TayTayK02) and use the hashtag #TaylorTalks.