Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you've all had a fantastic day filled with loved ones and tables full of good food!
We started out the morning in our usual fashion, by watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Also as usual, I teared up when the parade started and when the Rockettes performed. I think I have overactive tear ducts or something... I cry over everything!
My mom cooked a beautiful turkey, and the mashed potatoes came out amazingly (if I do say so myself). We kept waiting for something to go wrong, but nothing ever did. I can remember years when the turkey never finished cooking so we ended up with a Thanksgiving feast full of side dishes only. I've screwed up the potatoes before, and usually the gravy overflows all over the stove as it cooks. Yet somehow, nothing bad happened today.
I'm thankful for a lot of things this year, and I thought I would share some of those things here...
I'm thankful for:
- My family, and the fact that we're all happy and healthy, even if we're not all together. I'm very lucky to be part of such an incredible group of people.
- My friends, who continue to be there for me, even if we're states apart. I miss you all, but I'm so glad that we can keep in contact and remain in each others' lives.
- My brother, with whom I've been talking for the past few weeks after almost a year of no contact. I haven't mentioned him in a while, but I'm thankful to have him back in my life in some capacity.
- My new job, which I'm so excited to start in just two weeks! I'm thrilled to become part of the Disney family!
- The success of my first book, which happily surprises me everyday. It's officially the start of the Christmas season after today, so don't forget to buy your copy of "A Christmas For Toys!"
- Inspiration for my novel, which happened to hit me after dinner tonight. Most people sit down and watch football or something after Thanksgiving dinner, but I apparently write a book while I'm waiting for dessert. I finished another chapter and I'm getting so close to my goal of finishing the first draft by 2016!
I hope that you've all enjoyed a wonderful holiday and have as much to be thankful for as I do. If you'd like to share anything that you're thankful for this year, I'd love to hear about it in the comments.
Thank you so much for your continued support! I look forward to sharing more stories about my experience with foster care, and hopefully hearing from readers who have questions or similar stories to share. I'm always willing to answer questions and hear about other experiences! Please don't forget to like and share my Facebook author page as well!
I’d greatly appreciate it if you would share this blog with friends and family through your favorite social media sites. If you’re sharing on Twitter, don’t forget to tag me (@TayTayK02) and use the hashtag #TaylorTalks.