Alright, so I know I'm not supposed to share any specific information about my job, but I can't hold this one back... John Stamos came into my location last night! I couldn't believe it! While I was on break, I saw on this Facebook group that I'm a part of (for Disney lovers) that John Stamos had arrived in Epcot about 30 minutes earlier. I freaked out and couldn't believe it. Never in a million years did I think that he would actually go to my location!
No, in all seriousness, the rest of that story was completely true, and I would have flipped out if he actually came into my location. I did hear that he was at Epcot last night, but sadly I did not have the opportunity to meet him. It would have made for an epic story though, huh?
Speaking of April Fools' jokes, we had quite the day around our house. My mom was quite the prankster this year!
- My mom to my brother after he woke up this morning: "I got an email that your school is closed today." My brother opened his mouth widely in shock and asked excitedly, "Are you kidding me?" Quite the shock when my mom replied, "Yes, April Fools!"
- Last night my mom put cereal and milk into two bowls and stuck them in the freezer. This morning, she put them on the counter where my little sisters eat their breakfast. She got a picture of them as they tried to dip their spoons into the bowls and couldn't get past the frozen contents inside. They were really confused at first, but found it hilarious. We had to explain what the day was all about and then they were totally on board.
- When my dad came out of the bedroom, my mom told him that we had accidentally poured a bowl of cereal that no one wanted. I took one of the bowls that we had used on the twins and gave it to my dad. He too tried to get a big spoonful and couldn't get the spoon into the bowl. He thought it was even funnier than the girls did! In fact, he was laughing so hard that I compared it to when he talks to my Godfather on the phone. That's the only person who can make him laugh as hard as he did this morning... it was great!
- My sister was harder to trick. My mom tried to fool her into thinking that it was Saturday morning and she should go back to bed when she woke up this morning, but my sister wasn't falling for it. So my mom came up with a Plan B. My dad took the van to pick up the twins after school, and my mom and I were at the house still. We locked the doors and turned off the lights as though we weren't home, and we hid in my bedroom away from the door. Sure enough, my sister let herself into the house and thought no one was home, and came into the room unsuspectingly. We yelled "April Fools" and scared the you-know-what out of her! It was hilarious! She jumped back so far.... it was great.
- Since it worked so well on my sister, my mom decided to give my brother a double dose of April Fools' Day fun and used that same trick on him, only tweaked a little. He doesn't have his own house key, so we couldn't pretend we weren't home, but my mom hid behind the door and scared him when he walked into the house. After, when my mom asked if he had enjoyed a nice April Fools Day, he said, "Yeah, until I got home!" But he got over it eventually and laughed about it.
We had a pretty funny April Fools' Day here. Everyone was freaking out with laughter after each prank. How did you all do? Any fun pranks that you'd like to share, either that you played or that were played on you? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!
Your continued support means the world to me. From foster care to novels, and family to work experiences, I look forward to sharing more of my life with you each day. Don't hesitate to share your own stories with me or ask me questions about my life. Please don't forget to like and share my Facebook author page as well!
I’d greatly appreciate it if you would share this blog with friends and family through your favorite social media sites. If you’re sharing on Twitter, don’t forget to tag me (@TayTayK02) and use the hashtag #TaylorTalks.