Happy New Year! I cannot believe that it is already 2017!
2016 was quite the year, filled with major moments and difficult low points. So much happened over the past twelve months!
Some of the good:
- We celebrated a year down here in Florida.
- I got trained to be able to take on more at my job.
- I celebrated a year with Disney.
- I lost some weight.
- I published my second children's book.
- My sisters got their hearing aids.
- My brother became a teenager.
- My sister became an adult.
Some of the not-so-good:
- We lost my mom's uncle.
- I went through twelve more months without seeing my friends.
- My dad got sick (but has since recovered beautifully, thank goodness).
Luckily, the good outweighed the bad, and we're now on to a new year that will hopefully bring a lot more good to our lives. I rang in the new year last night with my parents, just the three of us as the rest of the kids slept. It was quiet and peaceful, and we toasted each other while we counted down the ball drop on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. I still miss having New Year's Eve parties with our friends in New York, but I have to say that it was kind of nice to celebrate just with my parents.
Here's to a wonderful new year and the best to everyone in 2017!
I'd greatly appreciate it if you would share this blog with friends and family through your favorite social media sites. If you're sharing on Twitter, don't forget to tag me (@TayTayK02) and use the hashtag #TaylorTalks. Please don't forget to like and share my Facebook author page and follow me on Instagram as well!