We're halfway through October now, which means that we only have a little more than two weeks until one of the sweetest holidays of the year: Halloween.
As with any other holiday, our family is often composed of different people each time Halloween rolls around. Even this year my family is down two members from last October. While you may be sitting there thinking how sad that must be for us, and yes it is sad to say good-bye to siblings, it's actually kind of fun to have different kids here from one Halloween to the next. We get to know so many different personalities and you wouldn't imagine how those personalities are reflected through the costumes that each child asks to wear for the night of trick-or-treating. Earlier tonight, my mom actually started reciting some of the costumes that kids in our family have worn throughout the years... Don't ask, I have no idea why she was suddenly spouting the names of so many characters ha ha, but I thought I would put her memory to good use and share some of those costumes tonight. Not only is it fun to relive which siblings have worn which costumes, but for those of you whose children haven't made up their minds yet, maybe you'll get a nice costume hint from our list!
So let's see... we've had:
- Dorothy, Scarecrow, and Cowardly Lion -The Wizard of Oz
- We did this the first Halloween with foster children. I was Dorothy and my little sister and brother definitely completed the look with their costumes!
- Buzz Lightyear -Toy Story
- Dalmatian -101 Dalmatians
- Indiana Jones -Indiana Jones
- Elsa -Frozen
- Of course... Twin A had to be Elsa last year.
- Sofia -Sofia the First
- Twin B almost chose an Elsa costume as well last year, but changed her mind at the last minute.
- Rag doll
- A girl
- Let me explain that one... My brother dressed up like a girl, so yes, this actually was a costume ha ha!
- Kate Gosselin
- Best costume ever! My mom helped me cut a wig and glue baby dolls to my sweater and bigger dolls to my pants, and I walked around school in ninth grade with eight dolls stuck to me. She was really in the media that year, so everyone got a kick out of my costume.
Here's hoping that Halloween is just as fun down here as it was in my hometown, and that you all will have an excellent Halloween as well! If and when I ever figure out what I'm dressing up as this year, I'll be sure to post about it!
One last thing before I go... I have to end tonight with a special cheer for my New York Mets! We did it! I may be in Florida now, but I'll always be a Mets fan!
Thank you so much for your continued support! I look forward to sharing more stories about my experience with foster care, and hopefully hearing from readers who have questions or similar stories to share. I'm always willing to answer questions and hear about other experiences! Please don't forget to like and share my Facebook author page as well!
I’d greatly appreciate it if you would share this blog with friends and family through your favorite social media sites. If you’re sharing on Twitter, don’t forget to tag me (@TayTayK02) and use the hashtag #TaylorTalks.